Monday, April 9, 2007

How To Deal With A Bag Of Rubbish

Written by Mahesha from Be Your Own Boss


There were two neighbors; they were not on good terms because of some trivial thing that had happened in the past. One would do something to hurt the other and the other person would react and do the same. This created lot of trouble because they were always at daggers end. One man was so determined to hurt the other in any way he could; so everyday after sweeping the garden he would put the pile of dirt in to the other man’s garden. To the second guy this was the limit. But he had a greater idea. He did not want to fight back and put some dirt back into the other person’s yard. Instead, he shoveled all the dirt under his trees.

First guy was expecting some reaction, when it did not happen; he got more frustrated because his neighbor had not taken his doing seriously. So he took not only the dried leaves, but he also took his kitchen bins and some cow dung from his cowshed, put them in the other persons yard. Poor guy next door came home and found the new sort of smelly rubbish. He was so upset. But he still did not want to fight. He shoveled them under his mango trees.

This way the first guy kept throwing dirt into the second guy’s garden but the second guy never responded and a year passed by. Now the first guy was tired. He went straight into the second guy’s house and shouted at him.

You good for nothing coward, I think I have done this long enough. All this time you lived in a smelly garden. You never reacted. You are a good for nothing person. People like me should not fight with a person who is unworthy of fighting….

Second guy replied Thank you oh! I do not know how to thank you enough. I do not want to fight with you. Shall we be friends again?

Second guy was dumbstruck. What is happening?

Look I did not come here…..

Oh! I want to give you best of the best of fruits in the garden, wait I will be here in a minute.

Look! I Want to tell you ……………

Oh just wait.

Second guy came back with a parcel of mangos and bananas fresh and nice gave it to the other guy and said.

These are the results of the rubbish you gave me. I am very grateful to you my friend for being so helpful to me. I never thought my trees could give such tasty fruits without the rubbish in your garden. Thank you again.

At this point the first man understood. He was so overcome with the sudden feeling of relief and shame that came to him seeing how the other person had taken his angry acts. They became friends again.

You can never win by vengeance. You can only win by not reacting and peace. If someone throws angry words at you or does something to hurt you, think “why should I allow other people to hurt me” I will not take these angry words. It is not mine. But every body is not easy to put off by not reacting. Then what you have to do is to be patient, consider that the other person is teaching you a lesson. Teaching you to be calm then you can make a good cake out of even bad ingredients.

1 comments:

Not From Lapland said...

this is a rather interesting story. Ones mans garbage is another mans gold huh?

Thank you :)

Featured Post and Blog of the Week



You Are Here

by Amie from
MammaLoves...


You did well in school to get into college. You tried to get by well enough in college to be attractive to an employer or graduate program, and along the way you may have opened your heart a time or two. Maybe you even found true love.

With a foot in the door, the first years of work were the time to
prove your mettle once again. Promotions, raises all with the goal to secure your future will allow you to settle down, buy a house, travel, commit to a relationship, have kids or not. In what feels like a blink of an eye, your future is here.

And now what?


Read the full post...

Chance Favors Only Those Who Court Her

by Debbie from Missives from Suburbia


After a less-than-friendly divorce, I was on the market again. Seizing the opportunity, my friends scoured their address books and Palm Pilots for single men and set me up on blind date after blind date. My reaction to most of those dates was, "I call these people my FRIENDS?" One of my real friends suggested Match.com, and given how much I love the Internet, I gave it a go.

A couple months of e-dating passed by in a blink. It was fun, but so far nothing meaningful had hit my radar, and my match inventory was starting to run low. You see, Match.com "matches" you to people based on a list of your requirements, and I'd pretty much run through all my existing matches who didn't seem psycho or stoned, based on their profiles.

Then, one day, I got an email from a guy who was not a match by my standards...

Read the full post...

A Lost Opportunity

by John from Altjiranga Mitjina


Trying to break in as a writer in the comic book industry can be a bit like the one legged man in a butt kicking contest. Every step forward you make means you land on your butt after your kick forward. Comic books are a visual medium. An artist can bring a portfolio to an editor at a convention and said editor can sit there and look at it within minutes and decide if this artist is worthy of working on the newest issue of Stupendous Man or not. Trying being a hopeful writer handing over a script to this same editor at a busy comic convention. You’ll be lucky if the editor agrees to take the script and promise that they’ll look at it later. Most times the hopeful writer is told to send for their submission guidelines and mail in their proposal.

The best way for a writer is to find an aspiring artist and hook up...

Read the full post...

Jesus Toothpaste!

by Karen Rayne from Adolescent Sexuality Today with Karen Rayne, Ph.D.


This weekend I went out of town, leaving my family to fend for themselves. On Saturday, my darling husband took my two darling daughters – 6 and 3 years old – to what he heard was a fun new toy store in town. Great, right?

They walk in the door, and the 6-year-old pipes up with “Look, Daddy! Jesus toothpaste!” He takes one look, puts one hand on each girl’s shoulder, and does a 180 out of the store. It may be a fun new toy store, but it’s intended clientele does not include the under-13 set.

When I got home on Sunday, the first thing the 6-year-old says to me was, “Guess what! We saw Jesus toothpaste!” I blinked, figuring I hadn’t heard her correctly. Regrettably, I had...

Read the full post...

A biker, a green thumb, a cracked hand, and a Queen.

by Megan from Velveteen Mind, originally guest posted at Queen of Spain


A random biker on a Harley-Davidson took my picture last week. What I wanted to do was take his picture, but I hesitated. Now, instead of a photo of some random biker holding an i am bossy.com bumper sticker, all I have is a lame photo of me holding the bumper sticker and the mental picture of him riding off into the sunset, never to be seen again.

Okay, it wasn’t as romantic or dramatic as that. It was nine in the morning and there was no sunset.

This is not the first time that I have hesitated to seize an opportunity. I don’t expect it will be the last. However, I hope with each lost chance for something intriguing, I will lose a shade of that hesitation for next time...

Read the full post...